Hi, I’m Dr. Bernard Burton.
I’m a holistic physician who practices chiropractic, acupuncture, active release technique, craniopathy, and nutrition in Sunrise, Florida. I have been practicing in the Plantation/Sunrise area since 1995. After graduating magna cum laude from the University of Florida with a degree in metallurgical engineering, I herniated a disc in my low back. I sought care from regular medical practitioners but was ultimately helped by a chiropractor who used applied kinesiology and acupuncture.
As a result of his recovery, I left engineering and pursued a career in chiropractic, acupuncture, and nutrition. I graduated in 1993 as valedictorian from Life College in Marietta, Georgia, and in 1995, started practicing in Plantation, Florida.
There are over 250 techniques within chiropractic; I use those I find most effective for each patient’s individual needs. For example:
- Active Release Technique (ART): to break down scar tissue and adhesions that develop from activities and injuries.
- Applied Kinesiology: to determine which muscle or joint is injured.
- Acupuncture: to reduce pain and promote healing.
- Clinical Nutrition: to reduce inflammation, increase blood flow, improve digestion, improve liver function, and improve organ function.
- Low-Force Techniques, High-Velocity Techniques, and Massage Therapy are also available upon request.
I also works on athletes with sports injuries. In those cases, I utilize ART and acupuncture, in conjunction with the Graston Technique, and physical therapy modalities like electrical stimulation, ultrasound, microcurrents, and laser.
I hope this website serves as a resource for your questions as to your health, your care, and your life.
Dr. Bernie Burton.
Please excuse the under-construction areas as much of this site will be updated.